How to still win an already lost battle in War Thunder ?
Watch the at subsequent video to learn how an already lost Realistic Ground Battle can still be turned into a victory in War Thunder – while also getting exceptionally much of the in-game currency Silver Lions:
Please click on the bottom left corner of this c.4 min video to start the streaming progress !
And now a step-by-step guide:
1) We start with a Tank destroyer or Medium tank, because they cost just few spawn points. It should also be a quite effective tank – such as the Russian T-44-122 (Premium).
2) Now we need at least 1-2 kills – here is number 1. Sometimes 3 kills are necessary if one is thrown into a battle at low Battle Ratings. But can one previously capture a control zone, one kill is enough or sometimes even none !
3) That was number 2: a friendly Tiger driver. These guys show us again and again gladly times their vulnerable sides !
4) However, no problem: the kills have given us enough points to bring now our heavy bomber Pe-8 (with fully equipped bomb load) in. On this battle map, there are three enemy bases (marked with red circles), which we can destroy.
6) Let’s go in the direction of the first enemy base with our Pe-8 at full speed and with a load of 4 x 1000 kg (2,000 lb) bombs. Don’t worry, it’s very rare so far that the opponent team has fighters at their bases. They prefer to show to us their acrobatic feat over the battle ground !
7) We are close to the first enemy base and drop 2 x 1000 kg (2,000 lb) bombs. (Note: Until a patch in early May were 4,000 kg (8,000 lb) bombs necessary to destroy a base. At this time we need just 2,000 kg (4,000 lb), so with our 4 x 1000 kg (2,000 lb) bombs we can destroy even two bases).
11) Voila – and in a hopeless situation still won with the destruction of two enemy bases. And we can be sure, the guys in the opposing team now look pretty stupid in front of their screens, as a certainly save victory is away (what is the most fun in this action) !
Note: If you play German, so you should always keep a Do 217 with 4 x 1000 kg (2,000 lb) bombs ready; in Britain the Stirling is suitable as the first one; and for US the B-29 Superfortress (with this one you can even destroy all bases at once, as many bombs has this bomber).